Buyerlink is seeking an experienced accounting leader to join our team. This role works closely with the Chief Financial Officer to oversee the health of the business by leading and supporting the accounting function, as well as assisting in the development and reporting of strategic financial plans.
The Senior Director, Accounting will oversee a staff of five team members in the day-to-day operations and workflow of the accounting, and ensure the timely and accurate completion of financial reports, statements, and filings, in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and local laws and standards.
The person in this role will work in our headquarters located in Walnut Creek, CA.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that accounting transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP
- Design and implementation of the appropriate policies/procedures, internal controls, and accounting systems to handle company expansion.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all general ledger accounts, preparation of month-end closings and annual financial statements, reports, performance metrics, and related analyses
- Direct and interface with external auditors and outside accounting firms on the preparation of audit reports and tax provisions.
- Hire, train and develop the accounting department staff.
- Create and interpret relevant reports, schedules, and special projects.
- Be an active member of the Buyerlink Senior Leadership team.
Your experience and education:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from a four-year college or university. A master's degree in a field of business or other advanced degree is desirable.
- Ten years of related experience in accounting with at least 4 years serving as a Controller of a $100+ mil in revenue company.
- CPA Certification
- Technical Industry experience is preferred.
You also possess the ability to:
- Demonstrate excellent technical, interpersonal, written, verbal, and analytical skills, with the ability to effectively lead financial professionals.
- Build trusted relationships across internal teams and external partners.
- Mentor and develop team members, in an environment of openness and candor.
- Work fluently in Google Suite, with well-demonstrated proficiency in Excel.
- Navigate client-based accounting systems; experience with NetSuite is highly desirable.
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail and organization, meeting strict deadlines.
- Exhibit independent drive and the ability to effectively prioritize, managing people, time, and resources accordingly.
Who we are:
As a fully integrated technology platform, Buyerlink (a One Planet Company) simplifies online marketing, empowering businesses of all sizes to gain access to in-market locally-targeted consumer demand at scale.
While Buyerlink is focused on providing a massively effective, locally targeted marketing solution, as a One Planet company, our true fulfillment stems from operating a mission-driven business with a measurably positive impact on the world. Our fundamental values place love at the center of every facet of the company. We stand for social justice, women's rights, racial justice, and unity. Buyerlink provides the means to uphold our unwavering commitment to universal philanthropy.
Life at Buyerlink:
- Service days: paid time off for volunteering and community service activities
- Global community: meetings and collaboration with team members around the world
- In-office perks: includes healthy lunches, birthday celebrations, and fun team events
- Comprehensive benefits & wellness package
- Professional development: we support your career path all steps of the way
Salary Range: $150,000-$175,000